On the first episode of Organizing Tune-Ups of season two, I’m sharing my favorite questions to ask yourself to help with the decluttering process!
Show Notes On Declutter Questions To Ask Yourself
One of my favorite things to do is to ask questions while we are decluttering. Declutter questions are to be used on items that we are not sure if we should keep or not. Items that you know 100% that you will use, you won’t use these questions. If you know you don’t use something and want to get rid of it, these questions are not for those. These are for the questionable items – the “I don’t know,” and “Maybe” items. These questions will be able to help you decide if you should or shouldn’t keep an item.
- Question 1: Have you admired this item within the last year?
- Question 2: Can you replace this item for $20 or less?
- Question 3: Do I have an item that I am keeping that can replace this item?
- Question 4: Do you want to handle this item again?
- Question 5: Am I keeping this item out of guilt?
- Question 6: Do I actually wear this or do I like the idea of this item?
These questions, and more, will help you to identify what needs to go. You should showcase the things you love, you should use the things you have in your house, and you should feel good about your stuff! What is the point of an item if it doesn’t make you feel good? The end goal of your home is to feel cozy and loved. You can part with items that someone else will truly appreciate. I want you to feel good about getting rid of items that are no longer serving you.
Podcast Episode On Declutter Questions To Ask Yourself
Listen on your favorite podcast player.
You can watch every episode of Organizing Tune-Ups on YouTube.