With over 9 years experience, I have come to the conclusion that organizing the bedroom is the best place to start. Not the kitchen. Not the living room. So learn why bedrooms are best organized before anything else.
I always suggest starting with organizing your bedroom first, but why? When you have an organized bedroom, you get better sleep! This allows you to start with a clean mental state every morning. Keeping the bedroom clean will help you combat mental clutter that can take up so much room in your brain.
Easy things you can do:
- Make your bed. Do this every single morning.
- Remove any unwanted things in the bedroom, specifically work documents.
- Have a drop spot for in-between clothes. Not a chair, but instead a laundry basket.
- Use two separate laundry baskets – one for clean clothes and one for dirty clothes.
- Put the stuff that doesn’t belong in the bedroom outside of the bedroom door.
Let me know how you sleep once your bedroom is organized!
Listen to Organizing Tune-Ups on your favorite podcast player.
Or on Apple Podcasts.
Enjoy on Spotify.
You can watch every episode of Organizing Tune-Ups on YouTube.
Organizing Tools You Will Love
Organizing the bedroom is the best place to start. And to help you focus on all the areas, room by room, I created a workbook that will keep you focused.
The Organize By Room Workbook is your no-brainer guide to organizing. Instead of feeling overwhelmed with what to organize next, follow the workbook to guide you through decluttering and organizing every room in your home at your own pace.